Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hey there! I found some mojo .. and some time!

Well dear friends and readers, I have been so busy that my blog title is definitely coming into play again in my busy life ... "Wishin I was stampin"  I have been crazy busy with work, and last week Mom and I went to an the Empire Alpaca Show in Syracuse, NY.  Now tomorrow afternoon I will be leaving for a week in Atlanta, GA.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time.  First time on a plane, then a train and probably a cab at least the morning I have to be at the airport at 6 a.m. (because the train doesn't leave that early) uggh what was I thinking booking that early in the morning?  lol

So ... last week I found a little "me time" and made a couple of Christmas cards. They aren't jaw-dropping gorgeous, but I think they are pretty and will be a nice addition to my other umm ... 10 cards out of the 90 I will probably need. Oh geez, I need to make LOTS more. lol


They were both created from card kits I have collected from swaps.  This one has a sweet Maggie image with bell and lots of lovely strings of pearls and pretty matching ribbon.  I went with more of a vintage look and distressed the edges and the background of the image a bit.


This one is a great Santa image, not sure who makes him, but it was fun to color.  I loved the sparkly stars on this paper and the pretty white and gold ribbon matched so well.  I wanted to make a bow but it wasn't cooperating, so a bit of a fake bow wrapped in a star brad worked perfectly.

So, let me know what you think.

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are wonderful! I love your Maggie and the vintage santa is too cool. I love all vintage santas that I have seen. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards, Kelly -- perfect for getting ahead of the holiday cardmaking rush! Glad that you were able to find some time to play; we miss you on the SCS threads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very nice! It's great to have a little mojo going on :) Great cards and that is one of my favorite Tildas, love her in green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly!! I love your creations here!! The Mag is so sweet!! WOW!! I remember this Santa from a long ago SU! set I had!! Fabulous coloring with it too!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back!!! I love both of your cards. Santa is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kel!! These are very cute!! I'm so glad you got some stamping time in again =) Time is just flying by so quickly and I'm not ready for the holidays... eek! lOL. Miss ya. Hope all is going well for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really enjoy reading them. Note: I monitor comments daily, so unknown links/advertisements will be deleted.