Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Christmas in . . . August?


I finally got some stampin' time in last night. I quit one of my jobs, so I have some more free time. Down to just one full-time job now--woohoo! Although, I am sure I will miss the other paycheck.


Anyway . . . here is a Christmas card I came up with for this year. I know, I know . . . who is thinking of Christmas?! Well, if I were not in the Christmas Card Challenge for 2007 through http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ I would not be making them in late August either. I have made 10 cards every month (except one in which I made birthday and get well cards instead that month). If you do not need that many (which I really don't) you can make 10 other cards any occasion. It is a nice challenge to keep me on my toes. We just share a picture that we made them and they are all ours to do with what we want. The first person to post on the 1st day of each month wins a prize (did that January 1st since I was up that late and I was ready--hee hee--but haven't made it since then) I guess that is pretty obvious, since these were actually my July cards. I still have to make August. Oh, yeah, back to the subject . . . when we make something every month then the moderator puts our name in a drawing to win some goodies at the end too. So it's a win-win situation for you either way. You get to keep your own cards and you are in for a drawing to win more goodies. You should check it out at SCS (link above). Okay, here is my card. It is a little bit simple. I know I should have jazzed it up a little bit more with some more layering, but I don't think it is too simple. Tell me what ya think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!

BeanKreative! said...

This is GREAT. As you know- i have an addiction to Hedgies...I am weak!! LOL

What a great idea w/ the card challenge 10per month!! I am inspired!! Thanks Kelly!!
~Sabrina (O:

Anonymous said...

well, it's about time you quite a job -- don't you know that stampin should take up all a girls time :-) hehehe

Saw you had a new blog and wanted to pop over and say "hi" Let me know how it goes. I've been tempted to start a blog but ... it all looks soooo complicated!!!

wiggydl on scs

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! You're way ahead of the game if your making Christmas cards already. WOW! Good for you!
Hugs,
Gina K.