Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More Christmas Gifts

It's top secret, I can't tell you who these are for, but I can show you a picture of them. I have been making coasters for Christmas gifts. Actually making quite a few homemade items this year, so stay tuned. Hopefully, I can get them all done before Christmas gets here. I really think these are very quick. Hmmm, maybe I should make these for everybody! :)



I purchased a couple boxes of tumbled marble 4 x4-inch tiles at Lowe's, stamped them with StazOn black ink using a flower from the In Full Bloom set, masked the flowers, then stamped again with StazOn timber brown using the French Script bg stamp (both of these stamps are from retired SU sets). I then colored in the flowers using my SU markers and chalked the background with light brown chalk to make it look more aged (an almost Tuscan look I think). The specific markers are Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulence, Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue, Regal Rose and Pink Passion, and Yo Yo Yellow for the centers. Then you lightly spray them with clear coat sealer for the first coat and then layer a heavier coat on afterwards. If you layer the first coat on too heavy the colors will run a bit, so beware of that first coat of sealer. I really think they turned out well, and I hope the recipient likes them as much as I did making them. I made one extra so I will keep that one for me. I guess this is a good idea too just in case they break one I will have a spare. So let me know what you think.



**NOTE: I still have not heard from one of the ladies in the post below. If you commented earlier but did not send me your address, please do so, or I cannot send your gift to you. If you are a blogger and would like to participate in a Pay It Forward, see the post and comments below. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun, Kelly! These are two of my all-time favorite sets because they just go with everything. And the colors are perfect -- great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kelly, this is beautiful! I love that set.

Chris (catt871) said...

Hi Kel! Will it count if I'm an "almost" blogger??? I've got mine in the works!!! ;) tee hee!! LOVE the colouring!!!
Chris

KellyS said...

Beautiful coaster Kelly! I bought coasters, but have yet to try stamping them. I chicken out. But I really need to get into it, since they do turn out so beautiful! TFS