Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hey, how's the challenge coming?!

Hey, everybody!

It's Tuesday morning, and I am having technical difficulties with work. Dang! LOL Although, it puts a pinch on my schedule and my wallet . . . I was able to squeeze in some time to make that Valentine card I had promised you. I used the sketch from before and made one with hearts as well. there was almost no stamping on this pretty card until I realized I needed a little depth to the pretty in pink cs in the back. . . so . . . I added the flower from the Forever in My heart set. I thought it's scalloped edges matched perfectly with the scallops from the nesties. The smallest circle is a 1 inch punch with the smallest of the small circle scallops used for the next layer. The pretty paper on the two circles underneath is from my good friend, Deb (Dcorder at SCS). She actually MADE that paper. Isn't it pretty? It is made with paper pulp and rose buds in a blender--I don't have all the details, but I think it is very pretty, and matched well with the hearts. Believe it or not the tiny pink hearts on those circles and the bigger ones are all stickers from Penny Black Stickeroos. I don't usually use stickers, but they were so cute, AND Penny Black, so I thought I would give them a try! These were a free gift when I ordered stickles and Tim Holtz crackle paint from http://www.2ndchildhood.net/ Great deals there and on Ebay (which was where I found their store)! Anyway, when I received those yesterday, I thought --"Wow, these will be perfect and quick for a Valentine card."



So without further ado . . . here it is. Oh, btw, the sentiment says-- The Love We Give Away is the Only Love We Keep! (the sticker was bigger than I wanted so it is handwritten on instead. Isn't that a true saying?! I really like it! Now, who will I give it to? *thinking*





I hope you get a chance to complete the challenge as I get some odds and ends around for your gift. There have been so many terrific submissions, I will probably just have to pick your name from either random.org or from a hat. I will keep you informed either way. Keep working on those cards, and I hope I inspired you a little to give it a try. Last day for submissions is Thursday. You have LOTS of time . . . come on . . . give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by,
:) Kelly

12 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE YOUR NEW CARD KEL & THE SENTIMENT IS BEAUTIFUL.

Deb said...

Love your card, have only just spotted your challenge, I will try to do it tomorrow if I get the chance!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card love all the hearts

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Isn't Deb's paper the best? I'm trying to find the perfect project to use it on because it deserves something awesome! And you've inspired me to work on Valentines -- now if I can find the time to act on that inspiration....

Misty said...

This card is amazing I love all the layers!
TFS!
Misty

Alley said...

Love the card and challenge. I'm getting lost on challenges. ?? How do I add by my labels link to post?? LOL...(my turn to pound hand on table)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is really pretty, and you used stickers? Wow, I don't think about using stickers! I'd better get "out of the box"!

simplyfairies said...

Great card really pretty.....

Angel said...

Your valentine is adorable! Good luck with your resloution or I should say God Bless as I don't really believe in luck. LOL

Yani said...

I think it looks lovely. The colors are so pretty and the sketch you used seems to be very versatile. Great job!

Gaby Acosta said...

Hi, you visited my blogg, i visit yours. Sorry, my english isn´t enough. Your card is so beautiful and the sentiment is beautiful too. Thanks for your coment, i see you soon for this place.
Regards from México.

Marjorie said...

Wonderful card! I love all the layers :D