Friday, March 14, 2008

Another Hippo


Wow, has it really been that long since I posted?! I have been a little bit busy, but I found a little time today to make another Hippy Hippo card! :)

I just love lavendar and green together, so after coloring this hippo with my lavendar prismacolor pencils, I dug out some almost amethyst and lavendar lace and glorious green (or maybe it's garden green). I have been wanting to try my hand at the tilt card I saw on Charmaine's blog using Melanie's cutesy cute hippo, so here is my version. Charmaine's tutorial is here! She makes it really easy to see how it is done. Mine only tilts slightly though, because I did not have those terrific dimensionals (used recycled foam from trimming stamps, and you really need somehwat of a hexago shape I think to get it just right). Anyway, mine kinda tilts to the one side but not the other so much *wink*
After cutting the hole, using the sticky foam, pennies, etc from the tutorial, then I trimmed my white cs down, sponged the edges with almost amethyst, adhered it to my glorious green and SU dp layer, added some photo corners and liquid pearls. I laid that aside until it was *cough* dry (see note below), and layered my two shades of purple to my white cs base. I stamped the Hippy Birthday sentiment to the left and added a pretty prima for balance.


Note: Do not move the card until your liquid pearls dry completely. It slipped from my hand and landed smack dab on my shirt, so the pearls aren't perfect anymore . . . a little wrinkly they are. Thank God they were ALMOST dry! :) LOL
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed another hippo from me and a chuckle or two! :) Kel

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Shake that booty, Miss Hippo!! I'll definitely have to try this technique.

Great layout, too. It also makes me want the photo corner punch -- more temptation!

Tracey said...

Love this hippo just too cute! Also like the one in post below love how his bottom pops out :)

Jocy said...

This hippo stamp is sooooo cute! Love the card you made with it!

AmethystCat said...

such a cute card! And, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who drops my just finished card on my shirt before it's dry!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the color combo too.

Sparkle SBS4

scrappernic said...

Love this card! The colors are beautiful and I am just so in love with that hippo!

Nettie said...

Adorable Hippo, he looks great in every color! I'm just checking in to see if you have those socks done yet LOL

Nettie

GiftsByHeidi said...

Oh that is too cute, I love purple & green together too!

Chris (catt871) said...

SO cute!!! I might NEED that set soon!!! LOL