Monday, December 14, 2009

Last of this year's Christmas cards

My good friend, Luanne, gave me a great idea on the use of a stencil of the ornament punch from Stampin Up. Therefore, I created this card for our stampin' group. (hoping they are too busy to look here before I get them mailed out). lol

I used the stencil and stamped the words Joy and Noel inside first, embossed that part and the ornament top with gold EP, then sponged the color on them using the stencil. I punched out the MS branches and layered them to look like a pine branch and added glittery stickles to them too.
Card deets: CS: glorious green, whisper white, and close to cocoa; DP: BG Wassail; Tools/Embellishments: glittery white stickles, gold EP, MS branch and doily edger punches, glue, pop dots. Inks: Mellow moss, glorious green, real red and rose red

Hoping they like them. They are pretty quick and easy. I seem to be getting closer to being done with my Christmas "to do" list. Hope you are all getting your list completed too.


Happy Stampin N Scrappin!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

This is WONDERFUL Kelly! Love your use of the stencil =) Great Christmas card. And btw... you sent me THE MOST BEAUTIFUL card and I just want to say thank you so much and I plan on posting it when I get home from work today. You're so sweet. I LOVE the DP you used too! *HUGS*

Jacilynn said...

Kelly, How sweet. Love these ornaments. Great card girl!
x

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What a good idea, pretty card.

Hope your well.
Marcia P

Jessica G. said...

Fun blog makeover, Kelly!

Such a pretty card, too -- the stenciled ornaments are a perfect way to add awesome shading to these images!!

Donelda said...

what a great idea!! I am done my cards but now you have made me want to make some more trying out this stencil idea!!! :-) Maybe I'll just make one and add it to my Christmas box as a reminder for next year.