Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cody!!

I had a tough time getting a good picture of this card today, and the inside has a cute image too,
but unfortunately both of them I had taken were blurry (so since it is just after midnight I will have to update another time with the inside photo).  This is a digital image called Video Boy from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.  I saw it on someone's blog or photo gallery at SCS, and instantly knew this had to be on my son's card.
although he has given up the remote control video games for PC ones, the image does look familiar.  LOL

I kept it CAS since it is for a young man who isn't into ribbony, frilly things,
plus I just couldn't bring myself to distract from that GREAT image too much anyway.
Inside has an image of a little boy in a car (Zoom), which I felt would be perfect too, reminds me of the days when he used to ride around in his little red Jeep Wrangler.

Other card details:
CS:  Night of Navy cs, Lime Rickey BasicGrey paper
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black ink and ballet blue ink sponged around image
Tools:  octagon nestabilities, Copics, prismacolor pencils, gamsol
Embellishments:   Sports flatbacks

Inky Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

7 comments:

Donelda said...

Hey Kelly, this is the PERFECT image!!! hehehehe, our sons and their video games!! :-) I bet he loved it in his cool boy way :-)

Joanna M. said...

Perfect boy image ... love Mo!

Hope Cody had a happy day.

Jessica G. said...

Perfect teen gamer card, Kelly with cool image and fun, bright colors! Happy Belated Birthday, Cody!!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous boy card! Decorations are just right. Love the ball brads.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wow, this is the perfect boy card. Love it.

Hope your well
Marcia SBS4

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great card, beautiful job coloring, I bet Cody loved it!

Annette said...

Oooh I love that image! Reminds me of my son. LOL! Stunning colouring!- My son would love this card.