Saturday, June 26, 2010

KLSNS36 - Jodi's Sketch Challenge

Hey there, readers!  It's Saturday already again . . .
boy where does the week go?!  I have been so busy it's crazy, so I guess that is why it flew by so fast.  I am glad it's closer to my Sunday off though :) and we are expecting 3 new crias on my parents' farm this weekend, so I am hoping and praying I will get to see a healthy, bouncing cria birth (fingers crossed they are girls).

Well, since it is Saturday, do you know what that means at KL Stampin N Scrappin's DT blog?  Yep, another GREAT challenge!!  :)  Fun, fun with Jodi this week as she challenges us all to take a look at her sketch and give it a try.  Stop by the DT blog to see it.

Here is my card for the sketch . . .

This is a new stamp that is now carried in the KL Stampin N Scrappin store from C. C. Designs SweetNovember Mermaid series called Pearl Tidepool and Seamoor.  It was colored with Copics, accented with white gel pen and sparkled a bit with Stickles. The cardstock is Stampin Up's razzleberry, cameo coral, baja breeze and a touch of yellow/apricot if you will for accents (I had seen this color combo a while back at SCS but had not been able to participate w/o having the cs on hand).  Well, now that I have it, I just had to try it out. I couldn't seem to work in all the colors into this sketch by layer, but I did add them with the yellow flowers and baubles as accents.  The colors aren't usually ones I would reach for, but I truly love these colors together, so I will probably give this color combo a try again soon!!  Now, if only my panels were all the same size. Guess I had them off a little bit when I cut them. : ( Geez.

Well, for more lovely creations, stop on by the KL SNS DT blog for a look!  You will be glad you did.  Participate in our challenge there for some fun and maybe a surprise gift from Kelly *wink*  If you upload your photo at one of the on-line web sites, please use the keyword/tag KLSNS36 so we can find you.


Edited:  I sat here working (cough, cough) and realized that my card really could use something under that circle and off to the side a bit . . . so I was thinking . . . that  new sentiment stamp that I got in the mail this week should be perfect for this image!! :)  Whatcha think?  (ohh, and the lovely flowers are from my parents -- just because -- isn't that sweet?!)  xoxo Mom and Dad

Inky Hugs and Happy Stampin!

7 comments:

Jacilynn said...

Just perfect! Love this image. Your colors are so pretty.
x

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Kelly! Your mermaid is so darn pretty and your detailing and coloring are fabulous!
Have a beautiful day and enjoy the summer sunshine!
hugs
Risa:)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is sooo pretty! Love that DP and your choice of colors! LOVELY!

Donelda said...

wow, you were right. I loved the card to start with and then - bam - you added the perfect item to bring it from good to great! I wish I could do that with my cards :-) I too love that color combo!!

baby crib said...

Your blog is beautiful. I love the design and color of your blog layout. I love the cards and the mermaid too.

Internet business at home automated system said...

Want more time with parents and children with family? Can operate as long as the trivial time
Welcome to learn a simple understanding of free market
http://sn.im/vemma_usa
Thank you for your time reading, do not give up the chance to even know, know no loss to you!

Seleise said...

super cute!