Friday, November 12, 2010

Thoughts and Prayers in Earth tones

I started out making this first card for our pastor, as her father passed on this week.  I really am not good at making sympathy cards.  I stressed out over making the perfect card, but then once I got in the zone, I thought why not make a few so I have some on hand ...




I used the Stampin Up set Thoughts and Prayers, birds and swirls cuttlebug folder, earthtone card stock colors from SU and 1 inch chocolate double-stitched ribbon, chocolate curdouroy buttons, pearls, some seam binding, and a piece of  green and black "magic paper" from my friend and neighbor

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all gorgeous Kelly!! Great use of the set!! HUGS

Donelda said...

this is a perfect tree image for sympathy and you've made some great cards. They are such hard cards to make, what a great idea to get a few made to have on hand!!

Jessica G. said...

Glad to see you have some stamping time, Kelly! These cards are beautiful -- colorful and elegant. Perfect to stock up on for tough times!!

Hope all is well with you!

Linda Palmer said...

You made some beautiful cards with this set. They are the hardest cards for me to make. Love all the variation on them but as I said, they are all beautiful.

Kristine said...

Soo PRETTY Kelly!! This is the perfect set for sympathy cards. I have this one as well and haven't used it in so long. My poor SU! sets just sit. :( Anyway, Sad occassion, but I'm sure whichever card you give her she'll appreciate and feel the love that went into it. I especially LOVE that top one -- the colors, the embossing folder... the colors in the blossoms--so Pretty! =)

Have a great weekend! And a wonderful Thanksgiving in case I don't get another chance to say so. Hugs!