Monday, February 27, 2012

Patriotic Cocoa -- As American as Apple Pie

Hey there, readers!

How are you doing this week?  I got a few Spellbinders dies in the mail today and just had to make at least one card tonight with one of them. 

I have had a few Sweet n Sassy stamps ready for coloring for a few months now, and this is the one that I grabbed tonight to complete my patriotic card.  The papers are from a new BoBunny packet I purchased a few months back and hadn't played with yet.


This cute Cocoa mouse  image was colored with my Copics, glitter pen and white gel pen, then sponged with a pale yellow around the edges.  The image was then cut out with a Spellbinder circle die and layered on one of the lacy circles dies.  I layered some of the BoBunny pieces from the patriotic pack, accented one with vanilla cs, then grabbed some more of that lovely wide grograin red ribbon, folded it in half, and then placed it under the image.  I love my baker's twine so just had to coordinate the blue and white with that as well and a few red buttons accented the top left corner. 

Note:  I should have straightened the bow out a little bit before snapping the picture, but it is late and the lighting is poor, so ...  Well, it is what it is. 

So ... Let me know what you think overall, and ... Happy Stampin!  :)

2 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

It looks fabulous just the way it is. I love your cute image and the paper is so cool. I have it and love using it, so beautiful.

Jacilynn said...

Hi Kelly! I'm so glad I popped by! This is too cute. HOpe you are doing well.
x