Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pansy Turtle for DPDC22

My oh my, these Doodle Pantry images are so dog-gone cute, I keep going back for more, and they are quick too, as I didn't have to color this one.  When you purchase the digi images you can get them colored and uncolored in the same set.  I chose to print out the colored ones today, as I had accents and card stock to match them, and wanted to make a quick card for someone.  The sentiments are in the set too - Thanks so much, Popping up to say Hello, Have a Bloomi-ful day and more.  Check them out at Doodle Pantry!

Pansies are a long-time favorite flower in my family (generation after generation).  I was told my great grandmother loved them and my mom loves them too, so I created this little cutie for her and for the Doodle Pantry challenge 22 going on this week over at Doodlepantry Blog.

Here is my pansy turtle image cut out with Spellbinders circle dies, layered on digi papers (one layer cut with SB lacey circle dies).  I also used a scalloped edge punch, large oval punch, piece of a small scalloped circle, some SU ribbon from my stash, and a silk pansy from some silk flowers I have had in a basket in my craft room for a while.  I sure hope she likes it. :)




Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you find a little time to get creative this week, too!

12 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love this! What a fantastic mix of elements and the silk pansy is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us for DPDC22.

Kristine said...

OH my gawsh Kelly... great minds think alike! I made one of these too and am posting later today. Super cute and I love that they have colored versions too. Love your big pansy on the front and how your sentiment pops up :) SUPER CUTE!!

Marsha said...

Look at all those dots and tiny images of pansies. Love it. And your big pansy on top - nice touch.

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. Love your papers and the image.

AllisonG said...

Thanks for playing along at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month. Isn't this image great?! I love how you added your own pansy to it.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love that pansy and your papers are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital challenge #22!

Elizabeth Hart said...

I am loving your card and the beautiful papers you used with the turtle. And, the pansy in the corner was a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Challenge this month, Elizabeth (DT)

Glittered Paws said...

OMG this is too cute - love the bg papers and well okay the turtle pansy is on my wish list which is way too long (LOL).

Linda Anderson said...

I'm with ya! Not only are these adorable images from Doodle Pantry, but I too love the colored ones. Talk about quick and easy cards!! And yours is also a cutie!! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

Lorie said...

How cute, cute, cute Kelly!

Dawn Frost said...

Fantastic turtle card, love how you added the silk pansy, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for DPDC#22.

Donna said...

Love your card, Kelly! That little turtle is one of my favorites. And pnsies too. You did a wonderful job with the layout! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope to see you back next month!