Friday, June 1, 2012

Memories by Kelly for SBC57

Hey there, readers and friends! : )

Sorry for being MIA lately here on the blog.  The weather has been so nice lately that we have been getting a lot accomplished outside (garden, flower beds, mowing 2 different properties when we can, painting, etc).  I have been anxious to get some crafts done but my to-do list keeps growing.

I have promised to play along with my dear friends at Sketches by Carly though, and there's a great prize in store ...

Digi Doodle Shop is offering a $10 Gift Voucher for one lucky player! 

Here's sketch #57 this week from Carly ...



I have created this card using the Field of Flowers image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  I saw it right away when I visited Judy and Joy's store, as it was the featured stamp, and I fell in love with it at first sight!!  It could be used for so many different occasions.  This week a dear friend of mine's father lost his battle to cancer, and I thought the little girl looked to be deep in thought, so I have to send this one out to my high school buddy, Stacey.  I do hope she loves it too, and it brings some peace to her in this time of need.


The image was colored with Copics.  The sky behind her sponged on with Archival iridescent blue ink and a cloud template, and then the image was cut out using my square Fleur de Lis die from Spellbinders.  The corner pieces at the top were made with that as well.  Those pretty little pearl brads were found at at great little on-line store - Eyelet Outlet.  The sentiment from Stampin Up's Loving Thoughts stamp set was cut out from a white piece of cs and then layered on a die cut using Fancy Tags Two from Spellbinders.  The white cs panel behind the image was run through the Big Shot with my widely used textile Cuttlebug folder.  Lastly, Recollections lovely lace and some sheer ribbon were added. The card base is brocade blue which was a real close match to the Recollections ribbon too. : )

With digi images you can finish off the inside of a card using that image again (whatever size you would like),  so I printed out a portion of the image to add to the inside with a sentiment I had read somewhere that I felt was fitting for the occasion.


Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time with me today!  I hope you too have time to work on your to-do list this week (al beit inside or outside).  :)  Enjoy your day and God Bless!

Hugs,

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Kelly, you did a wonderful job with this sweet image and Carly's sketch!! I love your sky and love how you added the girl to the inside of your card as well. Seems perfect for a sympathy card. Hope you have a great weekend ahead. TGIF!! *Ü*
Hugs,
Kris

Linda Palmer said...

Kelly, what a beautiful card! Beautiful image and colored so beautifully. Love that sketch, love the card.

Julie said...

Your card is beautiful! Great idea for the inside of the card.
Hugs,
Julie

Lorie said...

This is so, so sweet Kelly! Great job!

AmethystCat said...

what a stunning and heartfelt sympathy card. it would truly bring peace to someone who'd had a loss. beautiful!