Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sometimes ya just feel like a Bird Brain?! yep, I did.

I was recently visiting my friend, Joanna's blog, and saw this cute little birdie "Birthday Candle BirdBrain" that will be perfect for funny cards for my friends' birthdays.  If you played along in the progressive challenge in January at FromTheHeartStamps blog, you would have gotten him for free.  Well, I was a little late to get him free through the challenge, but I could get him free with a small purchase of $10, so I snagged him last week with a little order, and I am looking forward to creating with a few more of these little "Bird Brains."  lol

Here's the little guy all ready for a friends' party this weekend!  I used some green textured Bazzill paper I have been hording and the gingham is called Easter Parade from OrientalTrading of all places (been a while since I bought that for some special House Mouse Easter cards I was swapping with friends on SplitCoastStampers too).  I need to use up some more of my stash before I go buying new.  I have lotsa great stuff around here, ya know?! :)  Hubby keeps telling me that too ;)  I believe the yellow buttons may have even come from Joanna in a card swap a couple of years ago too.


Here's a closeup so you can see the detail better - popped up oval layers, stitching and 
embroidery floss in the yellow buttons.  a little added white gel ink around the scallops to
accent the sweet little chick a little bit too.  I just love this cute little guy, don't you?!

And ... LOOK ... I am able to sew on my cards again!!  My little Janome sewing machine bit the dust about a year ago, and I got a new Brother for Christmas (thanks to my wonderful Mom and Dad).  Now I even have some specialty stitches I can try out - looking forward to those. Stay tuned to see more. :)


Then, I continued the same sketch on the inside too but used faux stitching instead,
so I didn't have any holes on the back of the card.  Ohhh, I really love that gingham!!



Leave me a comment and let me know what you think?!  And don't forget to stop by the progressive challenge too.  If you don't have this little Birthday Candle BirdBrain, he's only $3.25 with some very cute sentiments.  You have until the end of the month to play along, so why not give it a try?!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:


Inky "stay warm" kinda Hugs from the freezin' North East,
 

4 comments:

chrissy xx said...

What FABulous colours and I LOve all your stitching..Yes! He's the cutest of cutes..
I got him the same way lol.
Chrissyxx
If you join their Facebook page..there's also a freebie there {wink}

Imke said...

Hey Kelly, how long it's been? Nice to "see" you and you were recently on my blog! Thanks for your lovely comment.

Fabulous card and fun colors. I like the stitching and your layout.

Thanks for joining our SOTM Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps and good luck with the GDT Call !!

Karon said...

Wonderful card, I love that sweet image! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Have a great rest of the week.

Helen said...

You did great with the sewing on your card! I love your colors and this adorable little birdbrain image!