Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It has been a while

Oops. I guess it has been a while since I have posted. I didn't realize that I forgot to post last week, so this picture of what I have been up to fits me pretty well, I guess.

Remember me telling you that I was having trouble coming up with an idea. Well . . . I finally got my House Mouse ATC card done using the Mudpie Tells stamp. Thanks to my good friend, Lena, I was able to start on these a few days earlier than expected. She sent me some stamped off images, because I was worrying about my stamps coming in time to get started. My stamps actually came the next day. So I had a few ideas floating around in the old noggin' but this one came to fruitition.

I used real red for the background layer and dry embossed it with the cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder. After coloring, gamsoling, and fun flocking the main image, I sponged rose romance around the edges and then layered the main image on a scalloped oval cut from some SU dp (I think from 2004. Not sure of the name, as I bought this on Ebay a year or 2 ago). It is mostly white with sporadic gray and pink dots on it. The cupcake and apron were stamped from a clear Studio G set in basic black and colored with prisma pencils, pink liquid applique, and stickles. These were trimmed and glued in place. A hole punch was used on the left hand side to put the ribbon through, and the saying on the bottom was written by hand on a window punch piece of pink cs and held in place with a pink brad.

While I am on the subject of House Mouse, I thought I would also share another card I made for our Stamp of the Month House Mouse swap. We don't show them until after everyone has received them that way, we all come up with our own idea. It is so cool to see what everybody else does with the same image as you.
Here is my rendition-->
I had a lot of fun making these, and I hope they are enjoyed as much by those in the swaps.
:) Kelly

7 comments:

Linda said...

Your cards are adorable. The house mouse stamps are all just too cute. I have a couple. I bought a one on ebay. I have to lay off though until after we move. UGH!!

** Isa ** said...

Those are so cute! I absolutely love the house mouse stamps ;oD

Merci for the comments on my blog...

Hugs xxx

Chris (catt871) said...

Cute cute cute!! But you already know I'm addicted to House Mouse!!! Would you mind stamping me a few of those images?? I'll post it on Wish RAK so you get credit for them!!! :)

Unknown said...

I AGREE, THOSE HOUSE MOUSE STAMPS ARE JUST WAY TOOOOO ADORABLE!GORGEOUS CARD SYOU HAVE CREATED WITH THEM KEL!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Awesome Creation....As always your work is Wonderful!!!

Deb said...

Oh sweet Kelly, I love those House Mouse stamps, so cute!

Jane said...

Very cute! I love House Mouse! The only thing I do NOT like about them is their size. Sometimes they are so large that they leave little room for any layering or embellishing. But they always turn out very adorable!

I belong to a yahoo group that is nothing but House Mouse. If you're interested in joining shoot me an email.

Jane
SBS4