Friday, June 27, 2008

Baby Gift with my new PSX stamp

About 1-1/2 weeks ago, I fell in love with a PSX stamp of a teddy bear that I saw in the Dirty Dozen gallery on SCS. I just had to get my hands on that cute teddy bear stamp (for those who don't know -- I collect Boyd's bears). I had collected bears ever since I was a teenager, and only a few years ago narrowed my collection down to just Boyd's and others that family has gotten me that I just couldn't give up. So, when I saw this card created by SF9rfan (the link will only work if you are a paid member at SCS), I just had to find this stamp. I had never purchased a PSX stamp before or even knew where to get it, but thankfully Ebay had a few. I found it rather cheap, and this is how it all began . . .

I created the card and matching mat for this frame for my neighbor girl, Alycia's baby shower, which is coming up next month. She is such a sweet young lady, and I hope this is something she will like. Don't mind the silver frame. That will be replaced with a pretty white one. (as the white one I bought had a knot in it, and I ended up creating a bigger one anyway) LOL

Stamps used: Teddy Bear from PSX and Baby set from Inka-DinkaDoo CS: Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst, Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue Tools/Accessories: Coluzzle, Nesties small scalloped oval set, prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, yellow satin ribbon, light blue grosgrain, blue satin "It's A Boy" ribbon, light blue stickles, Sakura glitter pen, white gel pen, and 3D felt embellishments.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

First signature idea

12 comments:

Lee said...

That is just awesome Kelly!! What a fabulous gift set!!! That teddy bear sure is adorable.....I think I have a stamp similar to that that you've inspired me to use soon!!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Kelly, this is just beautiful.

Alley said...

Ahh, this is so cute.I wanted to pop in to let you know I received my goodies in the mail, Thank You so very much!!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Adorable Kelly! Wow, that teddy is cute. What a great gift -- lucky baby!

Chris (catt871) said...

GORGEOUS!!! You never cease to amaze me, my friend!!!! GREAT job, she will LOVE it!!! The frame is sooo cute, and that bear...well.....what can I say about that bear??? ADORABLE!!!
Chris

Kathy K said...

LOVE IT! That is really flipping cute!

Nettie said...

What a beautiful gift Kelly!

Nettie

Heather said...

Very pretty baby cards!

AmethystCat said...

boyds bears are the best and this is absolutely adorable! Your neighbor will love this! great job!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great idea....especially as we are having a little one on the way. I will have to change some of the colors to pink instead of blue. So cute. Jennie

Deb said...

wow, fabulous, just love this gorgeous teddy stamp, what a super gift set!

Anonymous said...

Kelly! This is a beautiful card - what a special gift! :D