Sunday, June 29, 2008

First Time with OSW cards

I went to a workshop Saturday at my friend, Luanne's home, and she showed us girls how to make OSW cards. I had seen these on SCS, even cut out one sheet to create some from patterned paper. In the end I really didn't think I would like them, so I put it off. The pieces are still here in my half-started baggie full of goodies. *roll eyes*
Well, she introduced us to the Wild Rose set, which will be retiring soon -- so it was a "get it if your interested" day. I fell in LOVE with this set. I had tried two-step stamping before, too, and never really liked my creations. Well, with Luanne's help, the Wild Rose set, and the stamp-a-ma-jig my patterned paper turned out gorgeous (if I dare say so myself). We all had a fun time chit-chatting and creating. All in all, it was a good day with a fun group of girls, rubber stamps, ink, and our cutters. *wink*
Here is my attempt at getting them all in the picture.
Here are a few I really like.
Stamps: Wild Rose, All Holidays, and Garden Collage from Stampin Up
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, River Rock, and Blue Bayou
CS: Vanilla, and the In colors (same as listed above in Inks)
Accessories: Double stitched ribbon in blue bayou and purely pomegranate, silver brads, pewter brads, sheer burgundy ribbon (close match to pom), vanilla lacy ribbon,
:) Thanks for stopping by!
First signature idea

18 comments:

Kathy said...

These are so great! I especially love the 2nd and 4th ones. This would make such a cute card set. I love how they all coordinate.

~KRISTY~ said...

THEY ALL LOOK BEAUTIFUL KEL.LOVELY PATTERN PAPERS

Kristine said...

WOW!! Kelly, those are all awesome! I'm really loving your color combo on these--and your layouts are all very nice. GREAT JOB!! It's been years since I've done any OSW's. =) TFS!!

Nettie said...

I love that set and was contemplating getting it, your samples convinced me more on how I need that set!
Beautiful Kelly!

catt871 said...

Gorgeous cards!! That stamp set is very pretty!! I joined a OSW swap back in Nov. and I still have all the sheets! I guess I should sit down one day and make some cards!! Thanks for the inspiration Kel!!
Chris

dcorder said...

Kelly! I have this set - felt I *NEEDED* to have it! But I've never used it! This is quite an inspiration to get it out and inked up! Thanks!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohh......I've never tried OSW.....yours are absolutely stunning!!!! I think I'll try this for a stationery set I need to make!!

Seleise said...

nice to catch up on your blog, Kelly. Love the new banner - super cute! And, the cards are darling - that set is great and you did a beautiful job with all of your creations!

Ying Pang, said...

wow, you was so productive, kelly and cards are so adorable!!

Stampedbyanangel@aol.com said...

this is a great job, OSW's are something I love as well but have only done once. Kudos to Luanne for the instructions..

Kelly S said...

Love these Kelly! This might be what I am looking for, for my Pretty Peony swap I need to do for July... Great work!

Linda said...

I don't know what OSW means but your cards are awesome.

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a gorgeous set. Love how they turned out. Jennie

Suzanne said...

These are very pretty!

Rein said...

What a wonderful set of cards!

Deb said...

that paper is just gorgeous, I love all the different ways you used it, great set of cards

Anonymous said...

Kelly I love all your cards they are great!! Your OSW are awesome. You said to list something I would like to see made into a stamp. I'm not sure many people would need or want this but I have a friend with a DD who is disabled and she is always in a wheelchair. She has been working on a scrapbook for her DD and we have surfed the web everywhere and can not find one. I made her a card once with one of my SU sets that has a little girl in a wagon. She was so excited with that card. It was as close as I could get to a wheelchair. If you or any of your readers have seen a wheelchair stamp perferable with a little girl in it. Please let me know.

Thanks
Lena
SCS aka Tackertwosome

scrappernic said...

Those cards are really pretty! I love the colors you used!