Friday, October 17, 2008

JessicaLynn's Sheepdog & I think I have fallin' for Paper Pretties


What a cute sheepdog this guy is guarding his sheep. I don't know if the sheep is scared he is there or scared of something else and hiding behind his protector, but those big eyes sure make him/her look SWEET. I thought they would look perfect behind this fence with some pumpkins and leafy paper. The English sheep dog and sheep were colored with prisma color pencils, gamsoled, and framed with the black frame. Then the fence was paper pieced on top. The pumpkins were stamped on orange cs, shaded with my Bic Mark-Its, and then layered over one another as well. The tag was premade, trimmed a little smaller to fit, then adhered to the card. The cute little button was handmade by stamping the pumpkin onto shrink plastic, coloring with the Bic Mark-Its, then punched out and heated to get it to shrink. Old olive was also sponged around the bottom of the card under and behind the fence to add depth as well.

******************************************

Oooh, I think I have fallen in love with Paper Pretties!! I just can't get enough of them. I joined Christie's stamp of the month club, and I had to order a few. Then after I got those ones I had to order a few more. Oooh, how I wish she lived closer, because the wait is just TOO long for these little cuties.


I had emailed Christie about my stamp of the month, and then I told her that I really wanted the Fallin' for You stamp but she was all out. She showed me the link where I could get one w/o the EZ-mount, and I was THERE BABY!! :D HA I had some EZ-mount here at home, put this sweet little gal on it, and got her inky. I colored her with prismacolor pencils, gamsoled, and then decided I wanted blue and green in the background. This was achieved by a technique that Michelle Zindorf uses a lot -- I used the versamarked marker on her (have to do this quickly and light spots first or wipe your marker off on scratch paper every time you change colors, as it will pick up the color and smear on you), then clear emboss it. It makes it nice and shiny. I just love the feel of the clear embossing anyway . . . then you can sponge over it, and it will not ruin your image. I loved all of the leaves in the image, but I really wanted more leaves, so I got out my Happy Fall Y'all set (ya know I reach for this set often especially if I want some extra leaves or that cute little pumpkin). The leafy border was perfect. I stamped it on some scraps of summer sun, really rust, ruby red, and a shade of green. Then I trimmed those little buggers out. I know, I know, they are tiny, but I really think the effort was worth it! I glued a pile on the bottom edge of the image, and also decided on adding them to the border on the bottom. I also wanted more of my embossed piece to show from under the image, so I slid her up a bit and created a tent topper card(?) instead. The embossed piece is the cuttlebug folder birds and swirls.

Like that tag above says, Happy Fall, Y'All! I hope you are all having a great time this season. My hubby and I are getting out for more and more walks now that it is cooler to do so. The leaves are beautiful, and the crispness of the air is nice, too. And when you are not outdoors, happy Stampin N Scrappin everyone!
First signature idea

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

Cute sheepdog -- he reminds me of the cartoon dog from when I was a kid! Perfect fall card, too -- beautiful coloring, Kelly!

Lee said...

I know!!!!! Aren't those Sophias just stinkin' irresistible???!!!! Shipping does take a while though! Your Sophia card is just an Amazing Autumn Delite!!!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous autumnal cards Kelly, Love the first and that great fence, Love the great image on the second and can see why you hunted this down, beautiful colouring too, Hugs, Nikki x

Yani said...

Oh my, this one is stunning! LOVE IT*LOVE IT!!! Great job!

AmethystCat said...

wow - the second image is my fav but they're both super cute. I can see why you're hooked. beautiful coloring job!