Monday, January 17, 2011

Shoe Box Kits at My Neighbors!!

Hey there, everyone!  I wasn't quite sure what to title this one, and I wasn't quite sure what we called our little get together, but BOY was it fun to get together with the girls and stamp and fold and glue and all that fun stuff! :)

We created 8 cards all together and a couple of cool 3D items.  Here are some pictures.  I wish I had taken my camera and got some smiling faces, too.  I had planned on doing that, but ... well long story short, I ran out of time that morning and was running late for our 1:30 start time.

So, here is a little inspiration for you ...

This was a pretty, sparkly card created by Athena for us to put together using a great embossing folder of roses and the SU bird punch and a scalloped velum piece in behind the bird.  So pretty.  My rhinestone didn't photograph very well (the bird's eye) though.


Helen's Snowmen .. love how she used the scalloped piece for the snow, and the circle in behind them make it look like a snowglobe.  I colored quickly, so I will have to touch that up with the aqua painter before I send it out for sure!  :)


Kathy's BeeHive card ... this was so cute!  She had us emboss the black part and then watercolor it, but the really cool parts were bubble wrap stamping on the background (looked like a honeycomb) and a piece of black plastic foam that worked well to add some dots and textured look behind the beehive.
These guys are so dog-gone cute, I may have to order this set.  :)


Luanne added a touch of class with a pretty embossing folder that created a framework around the focal point (Nesties label 8? I think) with flowers, pearls, brads and some punched leaves.


This is MaryLou's pretty flower card.  I just love the looks of red and light blue together.  My friend, Jessica uses these colors together and whenever I see them, I think of her.  So pretty!  Another great cuttlebug folder that made a framework of swirls around the focal image (SU flower not sure the name).
I think I need to add a big ribbon and fluffy bow across the top of this to finish it off.  :)

Sue used this really great technique in which you press your parts onto the card with the embossing folder (can't remember what it was called now - dang), and unfotunately the color is a little fuzzy, but that new medallion-type stamp is GORGEOUS!  I need to get my mini back out and find out the name, cause I really love the looks of this stamp, simply elegant!


Paula came with all kinds of goodies (forgot to take a photo of the Chinese takeout boxes), but I did get
a photo of these cute little purses, and they open up for a great place to tuck a little girls party invitation, bridal shower invite, or photos of your family.  So many fun ideas we thought of with these.

This was the card I created ... Scalloped hearts by Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, cuttlebug corner embossing folder for the center of the white one, CraftySecrets Clear Art Stamps Cherub set was used for the flourish behind the heart, the small heart and the Love sentiment.  Since I created my card on a base of black cs, I added a layer of white printer paper inside for the area for the sentiment
and stamped a little "love" in there too.





Luanne gave us all this sweet little Thank You gift created with the medallion stamp.  Every time I see this, I really think I need to add it to my "to get list."   The card was tucked in a nice clear envelope and the top embellished with a cuttlebugged Top Note piece.  Isn't it pretty?!  I hated to open it.


Thanks everyone for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed the photos as much as I enjoyed
the get together with my friends.


3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Kelly, these are a great bunch of cards. I can tell you had a great time. I really love your card. I made one tonight with those nestie hearts. Yours is beautiful.

Donelda said...

wow, what a great bunch of cards and what fun to have a get together with crafting buddies!!

Kristine said...

Hi Kelly! =) How fun to get together to stamp and craft with other gals!! I rarely get much crafting done though, but it sure is fun to laugh and chat and just be with other girls (of the adult kind), LOL! Your cards are gorgeous! I see lots of new stuff there! HUGS!