Monday, March 12, 2012

Ahh, Spring ... Welcome Weddings!

I created a couple of wedding cards yesterday, and it has truly been a while since I have needed one of these  :)  The first one in black and white was truly inspired from this great wedding card from JandJccc.  I wanted something black and white and had the CB Textile background all ready, the sentiment popped up and created with my new SB Fancy Tags Two and some tuxedo black ink, sponged with gray and the gown I had originally stamped from a SU set smudged while I was glitzing it up a bit, so I decided to go a different route ...

I love hearts, and the cute heart idea from JandJccc was cased and one of them popped up for more layer.  I glitzed it up a little with some half pearls and silvery stickles, layered the white layers on some black cs so it was easily seen and a card was born :)  there is a piece of shimmery silver ribbon on there too, but it's a bit hidden by the big label.
This card was going to be all white embossed and debossed, but some gold glitter tended to jump right in there.  I do love the look of glitter, and gold would be perfect since I am not sure what colors they are going to be using for their wedding, but since I don't like the chunky glitter getting all over everything, I glued and tapped like crazy to keep it all either on or off the card.  Who likes to find glitter on their face, clothes, desk, etc. for the next 2 days?!  Not me.  lol  I also added some half pearls, inked the Congratulations image from Stampin Up's Well-Scripted set again (this time in gold) and dabbed (pad to paper) the edges of the Fancy Tags Two piece with gold too, then stickled them to shimmer it up a little bit more.

So, leave me a little note to tell me what you think ...
Also, stop by a stampin' sister's blog and help put a smile on her daughter, Alison's face.  This sweet young lady is celebrating a birthday at the end of this month and facing some more health problems and trials right now.  She could use your prayers too.  God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there friend!! :) WOW!! I adore your elegant designs here!! Really love the embossing and sparkle!! Thanks for your kind comment hun!! HUGS

surabhi said...

The black and white wedding card is beautiful and my fiance and I were the lucky couple to receive it. Thanks Kelly for making it. Its is special.