Monday, May 6, 2013

A little creative DIY time this week ...

I got a little creative time this week and made a couple of cards.  The first card was for a little 3-year-old girl, Gigi, who was in a lawn mower accident last week.  Her big toe was amputated, and the heel on her other foot was damaged, but after surgery she seems to be coming along pretty well.  Thank the Lord!


The second card was made for a little boy that I know from our church who is having a birthday this week.  I believe he is 6 or 7, and is really a "true" boy, so I think he will like it.


In this great weather we have been having lately, a lot of home projects have been in the making  ... a "yarden" was created  this past Saturday (4 x 8 feet garden in my yard to grow some tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, cucumbers and zucchini), but I forgot to take a picture.  Some digging and leveling has been done around the patio to level the yard and make room to get the tractor in beside the patio for a retaining wall, and the patio was sealed today with the help of my son (picture to follow).

The deck still needs to be completed (stairs to be completed on the side where the retaining wall is going) and some deck lights and sealer to finish it all off.  A week ago Sunday we got the SunSetter awning installed finally so we can sit out there in the shade once in a while, although we are currently enjoying the warmth of the sun now that Spring is finally here.  :)

So, what has been going on in your neck of the woods?!

Inky hugs and a little sunburn,

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Kelly, your cards are so cool and cute. Love both of them and love seeing you craft some. I know life gets in the way a lot. Great job on your cards.

Lorie said...

Your cards are super cute Kelly! I hope to get back in my stamp area and make some cards soon too!

Helen said...

Isn't it nice to be able to have fun making cards?!? I love yours this week! Great cards!