Saturday, January 4, 2014

Warm Cocoa and Friends Perfect for this COLD weather!

Wow, it has been so long since I posted here that I almost didn't remember how to use Blogger.  Sad, isn't it?!  It's bitter cold just about everywhere we turn (from my friends in Wisconsin to those of us here on the East Coast).  I am pretty sure we are all having Alaskan weather right now with the jet stream patterns and Arctic air blowing in, so this image below was perfect!  I just couldn't resist playing along today.  Missed you all too!



My dear friend Kris from http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com/ has a challenge going on currently using this sweet image called Jenn and Friends.  If you were on Imagine That's mailing list, you should have received this image too.  If not, you can purchase it from her at her digi store.  Just check the blog for details on the challenge and get some great digi images for your scrapbooks or hand-made cards.  I used the colored image, layered it on some Basic Grey  papers I had left over from my Christmas card creations and distressed the edges with Rich Cocoa Momento ink.  I imagined the cocoa must be peppermint cocoa, and the pop of red striped ribbon totally caught my eye.  I popped that up with some 3M foam tape and added the cocoa circle for Warm Wishes to you all!  Hope you are staying warm during this cold spell, and while you are ... hope you have a little stampin' fun too!  :)

P.S. - Here is a belated sneak peek of a few cards that I created for Christmas too (please excuse the flat photo).
...



Inky hugs,

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Hi Kelly! Adorbs!! LOL (have you seen that commercial with the 2 old men?) Anywhoo.... the striped ribbon is just perfect with this! Thanks so much for playing along this month *Ü* Hope to see you next time.

PS do I dare tell you the weather here in OR? low-mid 40's - not too bad! We've had -26 a few weeks ago. Stay WARM my friend!!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card Kelly. Glad to see you posting and crafting again. Love this card and really like how you outlined your image in pink.

Kelly L said...

Thanks again for the image, Kris! :) I love it, and I have seen that commercial. It's funny. Mmmm enjoy the warmer air when ya can.

Kelly L said...

Thanks Linda. I can't take the credit for the pink though, as the digi is already colored by Kris. :)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Gorgeous card Kelly ... stopped by for a look to see what you have been up to. Keep well, xx M

Jenn Zeeb said...

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Imagine That "January Freebie Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!

Imagine That DT
Jenn Zeeb