Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas Post

Well, I finally got my to-do list completed yesterday, so today I am just adding a few goodies (cinnamon roasted almonds and pecans) to the kitchen yet because I have some time before I cook dinner this afternoon. :)  I also wanted to post these Christmas cards for you to see (and for me to remember in case I want to use the idea again for next year).  It seems I just can't stick with one style of card and keep mass producing it.  I guess I get a little bored with the same thing, so I ended up grabbing some BG Wassail papers and my baby Jesus stamp from the Nativity set from Paper Pretties to create some more :)  The gold pieces were thick recycled wrapping paper that I had kept for anniversary cards or wedding cards but thought they would look perfect with baby Jesus too!  There were a few wrinkles in them since they had previously been used to wrap presents, but one run through the Big Shot, and those wrinkles were gone.



There are still some ornaments left, and I decided to mix them up a little bit by paper piecing the red and green ones together and added some liquid pearls at the seams so they were not as noticeable since the paper is thicker card stock.  This one below is going to a lady who loves to quilt, so I added some stitching and lace to her card. :)


This one just oozes a country feel to me, and I love the look of the petals a plenty embossing on this striped paper from BasicGrey's Wassail pack.


This paper reminds me of quilted pieces too with the triangles fitted together.


Last but not least, I am creating a couple of these, and one of them went to sweet, little Alivia at our church.  She looked so dog-gone cute in it, and it matches her pretty pink coat beautifully. LOL  
"Owl" be home for Christmas?!


and made this one for my son's girlfriend because she loves Sock Monkeys :)  I think they are pretty cute if I do say so myself.


My friend, Kris, has been busy making some of these for her family, and I have to THANK her for sharing Sarah's blog with me.  The lovely Sarah has created these free patterns and is sharing them HERE.  They are fast Christmas gifts if you are still in need of a little something for someone special.

Merry Christmas to you all!  May you have a blessed Christmas holiday with your family and friends!

3 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

Great cards that you have made with the ornaments. I love them all and the little hats are so cute to. Great papers and designs.

Anonymous said...

Oh my you've been so busy with your Christmas crafting! :) These are all fabulous makes!! Thanks for sharing!! Merry Christmas! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles
*My Blogaversary BLOG CANDY!*
*My December “All Heart” BLOG CANDY!*
Help me reach 1000 followers for another BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!

Kristine said...

HA!!!! These are awesome Kelly *Ü* LOVE that monkey hat like soooo much!!! Maddy used to be sooo into monkeys and that's worn off just a li'l bit now, sad to say. I think those sock monkeys are just adorable --- I never had one growing up. I might have to figure out how to make one (a sock monkey, not a hat). You've done a super job with your hats though. GO KEL!!!